Saturday, April 24, 2010

God's Plans for us

This is following my parent/child relationship with God. I will start by saying that I am someone who likes to be in control. If I am not in control, at least I want to be able to see what is going on (what the big picture is, where the finish line is, or whatever). That is something that is not always possible with life in general. I am working on trusting God, being thankful, content and to work hard no matter what the situation. It is not always easy. In fact, for a control freak who schemes way too much, it is pretty hard.
Skip to the kids... quite often we will be in our toy room at home. I let the kids play, do their own thing, watch TV, whatever. Sometimes they really get into whatever they are doing. But, right now we only have one car. So I have to interupt their play so that we can go get daddy from school. Or maybe it is that we are at a meeting at church. They finally get into playing with the random blocks, cars, toys or books at church and I tell them it is time to go. They don't want to, they are having fun. But 'we can go get daddy from school' I tell them. Or, 'we can go play outside now' I will tell them. Now that my oldest is getting better at communication and knows more words, he understands sometimes. But not long ago it seemed their world was going to end because I was taking them away from toys or the toy room or something. Even though it was for something better, they didn't see the big picture, they just saw their toys being ripped from them.
Kinda makes me think about my priorities here on earth. I need to trust that God has my best interest in mind when he takes me from the toy room I have grown to enjoy. Whether my toy room be school, work, routine, whatever. I pray that God gives me strength to leave the toy room with my head high and looking forward to the next fun thing we get to do :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment